Woven and tufted
Please always refer to the producer's manual, which is usually included in the furniture delivery.
CLEANING CARPETS - OUR TIPS
Woven carpets will keep longer if you use a rug underlay or a backing.
- Shaking and beating a woven carpet is not recommended. Instead, use the vacuum cleaner and air your carpets.
- Vacuum your carpets regularly with the appropriate brush attachment.
- Depending on the light infusion and usage, turn the carpet around its axis regularly so that the traces left will be more even.
- Please remove stains immediately. Dry stains are removed by carefully scratching away the stain from its edge towards its centre and subsequently vacuuming it.
- Wet stains should immediately be absorbed by kitchen paper. (Never rub on a stain, since it will only make it go deeper into the material and the fibres will be damaged.) Then use a sponge or a cloth dipped in lukewarm water and wrung out and dampen the stain. Subsequently absorb the water with a dry cloth and repeat the process until the stain has disappeared. Please try to use as little water as possible, since the carpet might lose its shape otherwise. If the stain is fatty or oily, a ph-neutral, bleach-free cleaning agent might be used.
- We recommend a regular professional cleaning with a so-called extraction method.
- During the first couple of months of use, a tufted carpet will regularly lose fibres. This is a result from the production and will decrease over time.
- Tufted carpets can be turned over and beaten, so that dirt falls out and subsequently be vacuumed.
- Never vacuum a tufted carpet with the rotating brush attachment.
- To maintain the look of a high pile rug, comb it regularly with a wide teeth comb or a small plastic rake.
A cared for carpet will keep for many years. Here is more information from our Swedish producer Kasthall on how to best care for your carpet:
care of woven carpets
CARE OF TUFTED RUGS
Please visit our tips for paper cord for more information on how to care for your paper cord carpet. Our expert lists further tips on what to consider when choosing a carpet.